Last modified: 05/01/2023
Sonex Health, Inc. (“Sonex“, “we”, “us“ or “our“) understands the importance of privacy to our customers, visitors, suppliers, business partners, employees and other individuals (“you”, “user”, or “data subject”). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Some of the information we collect through this Site may be “personal data” as defined below, collected when you visit or use this website.
This Policy may be supplemented or amended from time to time by additional privacy notices (“Privacy Notices”), provided at the time we collect your information. For example, certain pages of this Site may contain Privacy Notices providing more details about the information we collect on those particular pages, why we need that information, and choices you may have about the ways we use that information. In other cases, specific Privacy Notices may be required to comply with the privacy laws of one of the countries, provinces, or states in which we do business.
If you have a disability, you may request access to this Policy in an alternative format by contacting email@example.com.
By using this Site, you agree to the collection, use, disclosure, and transfer of your information as described in this Policy (and any Privacy Notices that apply to you). If you do not agree to the collection, use, disclosure and transfer of your information as described in this Policy (and any Privacy Notices that apply to you), you may not use this Site. If you have questions about this Policy, or any Privacy Notice, please contact us using the information provided below.
You may withdraw your agreement for the collection, use, disclosure, and transfer of your information as described in this Policy (and any Privacy Notices that apply to you) by contacting us directly.
Changes to this Policy
Sonex reserves the right to update or modify this Policy and any Privacy Notice, at any time and without prior notice, by posting the revised version of the Policy or Privacy Notice on this Site. These changes will only apply to the information we collect after we have posted the revised Policy or Privacy Notice on this Site.
This Policy was last updated on 05/01/2023. The update included a complete revision of the Policy, including more details about how we collect and use Personal Information.
Information We Collect
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Data Subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Personal Data You Manually Provide.
Sonex collects the information you manually provide (using your keyboard, mouse, or touchpad) when you use this Site, such as if you complete a pre-screening questionnaire or similar questionnaire, contact us with questions, or otherwise interact with this Site. Some of the information you may choose to manually provide will be Personal Data including but not limited to:
- Contact data: such as name, title, address, phone number, mailing address, and email.
- Other identifiers: such as device ID or serial number, various types of personal health information (e.g., health insurance information, medical information, and the like), online identifiers, and other similar identifiers.
- Communication data submitted by you: such as questions and feedback.
- Demographic data: such as language, age, and gender.
- Marketing preferences: such as e-mail subscription and frequency preferences.
Examples of volunteering Personally Information on this Site include filling out a “Contact Us” form or sending Sonex an email through this Site. By submitting information on the “Contact Us” form, you acknowledge that we may reply to you by email
Information Automatically Collected
Sonex collects information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser or mobile device. This information includes but is not limited to:
- Product use and application data (including date and time of your visit)
- IP address
- The browser you are using (including name and version)
- Your location and other geographic data
- The website you came from and the website you visit after leaving
- Pages viewed on the Site
- Links clicked on the Site
- Time spent on a particular page of the Site or the Site as a whole
- Site data used to facilitate the use of the Site such as login and technical data
The information we receive may depend on your browser or device settings. The information we receive from your web browser and device typically is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable. However, we may combine it with other information in an attempt to identify you or we may combine it with information that does identify you.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies
A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. It helps the site remember information about your visit, which can make it easier to visit the site again and make the site more useful to you.
We may use “cookies” and other technologies to collect information and support certain features of this Site. For example, we may use these technologies to:
- Collect information about the ways visitors use this Site—which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page
- Support the features and functionality of this Site—for example, to save you the trouble of reentering information already in our database or to prompt the settings you established on previous visits
- Personalize your experience when you use this Site; and
- Improve our marketing efforts, including through use of targeted advertising.
The information we may collect using cookies and similar technologies is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable, but we may link it to Personal Information that you provide. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. Although you are not required to accept cookies when you visit this Site, you may be unable to use all of the functionality of this Site if your browser rejects our cookies.
We may use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
- Type: Session Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Site and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Us
- Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Site, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Site.
Tracking and Performance Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Third Parties
- Purpose: These Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Site and how users use the Site. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the Site. We may also use these Cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Site to see how our users react to them.
Information Collected by Third-Party Cookies
In addition to the cookies Sonex delivers to your computer or mobile device through this Site, certain third parties (Tracking and Performance Cookies) may deliver cookies to you for a variety of reasons. For example, we may use a web analytics tool that helps us understand how visitors engage with our Sites.
Other third parties may deliver cookies to your computer or mobile device for the purpose of tracking your online behaviors over time and across nonaffiliated websites and/or delivering targeted advertisements either on this Site or on other websites.
You have choices about the collection of information by third parties on our Sites. For example, if you don’t want information about your visit to this Site sent to Google Analytics, you may download an Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here. Similarly, to opt-out of cookies used for interest-based advertising by similar services globally, click here or here.
You will be directed to an industry-developed website that contains mechanisms for choosing whether each listed entity may collect and use data for online behavioral advertising purposes. It may be that some of the third parties that collect interest-based information on this Site do not participate in the industry-developed opt-out website, in which case the best way to avoid third-party tracking of your online behaviors may be through your browser settings and deletion of cookies. Please note that the industry-developed opt-out mechanisms are device and browser specific. If you wish to opt-out from having interest-based information collected by participating entities across all devices and browsers, you need take the steps outlined above from each device and browser.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect through this Site for various purposes, including the but not limited to:
- To provide you with access to this Site.
- To respond to your requests.
- To personalize your access to our Site.
- To develop records (including records of your Personal Information, e.g., for service or product support).
- To contact you with pertinent information about products, clinical trials, or important safety information, and about products and services of ours and of others.
- To evaluate your eligibility or interest to enroll in clinical studies.
- For analytical purposes and to research, develop, and improve programs, products, services, and content.
- To guide and inform marketing and sales activities.
- To remove your personal identifiers. Once we have de-identified information, it is considered non-Personal Information and we may treat it like other non-Personal Information.
- To enforce this Policy and other rules about your use of this Site.
- To protect someone’s health, safety, or welfare.
- To protect our rights or property.
- To comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process, such as preventing, detecting and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
How We Share Your Information
Sonex will not share Personal Information about you collected from this website with an unrelated third party except as provided in this Policy. We may share for the following purposes.
With Third–Party Vendors
Sonex shares information collected through this Site with third-party vendors who act for us or on our behalf. For example, we may use third-party vendors to design and operate this Site; to conduct surveys and clinical studies; and to help us with our promotional efforts. These third-party vendors may need information about you to perform their functions on our behalf. In general, we require our third party service providers and vendors to restrict their use of any personally identifiable information received through our Site to the intended purposes.
With Third-Party Social Media Platforms
We may also use third-party social media platforms to offer you interest-based ads. To offer such ads, we may convert your email address into a unique value which can be matched by platform vendors with a user on their platform. Although we do not provide any Personal Information to these platform vendors, they may gain insights about individuals who respond to the ads we serve.
For the Purpose of Determining your Eligibility for a Clinical Study
If you choose to provide information through our Site to see if you qualify to participate in a clinical study, we may share your information with business partners or potential study center(s) so that they may contact you to see if you are a suitable candidate for one of our clinical studies.
With Health Care Providers
Your Personal Information may be shared with a physician or other healthcare provider if: (i) you request to be put in contact with a physician or other healthcare provider, (ii) you are seeking more information about whether a product or service may be right for you, or (iii) you or someone else’s safety or wellbeing is in question.
In Aggregate or De-Identified Form
We use information collected through this Site to create a compiled, aggregate view of usage patterns. We may share aggregate information with third parties for various purposes including so they can better understand our user base. We may also share with third parties information about how particular individuals use this Site, but only on a de-identified basis (“Individualized Data”). Individualized Data is not personally identifiable, but it does reflect the usage patterns of a particular Site user, as opposed to Site users collectively. For clarity, we may use and share aggregated or de-identified data without restriction.
As Part of a Business Transfer
Your information may be transferred to successor organization if, for example, we transfer the ownership or operation of this Site to another organization or if we merge with another organization or liquidate our assets. If such a transfer occurs, the successor organization’s use of your information will still be subject to this Policy and the privacy preferences you have expressed to us.
To Comply with Laws and Protect Our Rights and the Rights of Others
As Described in a Privacy Notice or Click-Through Agreement
We reserve the right to disclose your information as described in any Privacy Notice posted on a page of this Site where you provide that information. By providing your information on that page you will be agreeing to or consenting to the use and disclosure of your information as described in that privacy notice. We also reserve the right to disclose your information as described in any click–through agreement to which you have agreed.
Sonex will not sell your information to any third parties.
How We Protect Your Information
Sonex takes reasonable precautions to provide a level of security appropriate to the sensitivity of the information we collect. Although we use reasonable measures to help protect your information against unauthorized use or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet or stored in our databases and will not be responsible for breaches of security beyond our reasonable control.
Transfer and Storage of Your Personal Information
We may store, collect, transfer, and process your Personal Information in the United States. Privacy and data protection laws in the U.S. may be different than your country. By submitting your Personal Information, you agree and acknowledge such transfers, storage, and processing, including onward transfers.
Retention of Your Information
Sonex retains the Personal Information collected on this Site as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected or as permitted or required by applicable law.
This Website is not targeted to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information about such children. If we discover that a child has provided us with Personal Information online through this Website, we will take steps to delete this information as quickly as possible. If you believe we may have received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately at Info@sonexhealth.com
Marketing E-mail Opt-out
We may contact you to provide information about products, services and content that may be of interest to you. You may revoke your consent for the receipt of marketing communications that we send to you at any time by using the “unsubscribe” functionality included in our emails to you or by contacting us directly.
You should note that this will not affect all communications from us, for example, we are legally required to provide notices such as notification of a data breach in which case you should expect to receive a notification via email. We may also communicate with you for business purposes including to respond to communications from you, such as if you submit an online form on our Site.
Links to Other Websites
Addendum: California Residents Privacy Notice
Effective April 1, 2023
“Do Not Track” Policy for California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals. However, some third-party websites do keep track of your browsing activities. If you are visiting such websites, you can set your preferences in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser.
California’s Shine the Light law
Under California Civil Code Section 1798 (California’s Shine the Light law), California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information once a year about sharing their Personal Information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
If you’d like to request more information under the California Shine the Light law, and if you are a California resident, you can contact us using the contact information provided in this Policy.